4/06/2006

Remembering Greatness

I attended a commemoration mass at the Natl. Shrine of the Divine Mercy this past Sunday; at the end of the 2:00 mass, they began the Chaplet as usual at the 3:00 hour. Midway through the Chaplet at precisely 3:37- the time of the Pope's death- the bells sounded 26 tolls, one for each year of his illustrious pontificate. At that point I looked upon the framed picture they had set up near the ambo; I felt heartswept in that moment as I beheld his countenance, and I found myself unable to speak.

"Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of your dearly Beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

He is with us yet, proclaiming aloud: Be not afraid! Open wide the doors to Christ~

No comments:

Blog Archive