4/27/2005

MSM (cont.)

But such gross incompetence on the part of the MSM could be forgiven were it not for their overwhelming bias against the Church, Ratzinger, and Church Doctrine. I found one blogger making light of this on his website, but I don't think it's a laughing matter. It's negligent at best and malicious in all other respects. In previous posts I've addressed this topic:

On Communications, generally
Speaking of...

Soapboxing on the Media

Why do I rail so? Because the MSM controls the perspectives of the uninformed, those who fail to think critically-- and by my guesstimation, that's an awful lot of people! These people ingest the soundbites and the biases and don't even realize they're doing so. I don't know what makes us think that we can take the journalist's word for it, but we do! consistently!

The lack of trust people hold in the MSM is manifest in the phenomenon of blogging. Truthout celebrates the advent of this virtual forum, this brave new free press on the World Wide Web, while offering wonderful reasons not to rely on the MSM for news anymore. Ever. Again.

The news you get from the MSM is the news they want to show you, it's the news they're being paid to show you, or it's the news that sells the most. If you want factual information, you can't get it there. If you want cogent, thoughtful analysis- look elsewhere. And if you want news that is objective, concise, and agenda-free, well...good luck.

It's not even about finding news that I agree with. But I should, at the very least, expect to find news that doesn't offend me.

No comments:

Blog Archive