4/27/2005

Of Cathol, and all she teaches

There are quite a few blogs murmuring about this past Sunday's Installation. Some talk about the red shoes, some note permanent alterations in the rite of papal installation, some provide pictures, while others provide the text of the homily. Most of them do all of the above, especially the red shoes, here, here, and here.

Just for fun, check out this week's Catholic Carnival and its survey of all the latest murmurings, not just those surrounding the Installation.

But the thing that intrigues me most and about which many blogs are buzzing is the new Papal Coat-of-Arms. Here are two of the buzzes:

Pope Blog
Zadok the Roman

I'm so intrigued because I studied heraldry for a theatre project my freshman year of high school. I was involved with the Stage Crew in between Cross Country practices and class (in other words, my extracurricular involvement in the fall play was narrowly compressed to almost nothing). But my singular achievement that year was producing banners that displayed the heraldic insignia of the royal houses featured in Shakespeare's Henry IV. [story continues in postings below]

No comments:

Blog Archive