11/05/2005

All Hallows, et al.

I celebrated Halloween in a big way this year; hand-dipped candy apples were enjoyed, Treats were Tricked, and my Haunted House was so successful I made a child cry and numerous people ran out screaming.

I also managed to locate a Mass on All Saints Day that did not conflict with my work schedule. I was unable to get to All Souls, and so my opportunity to receive the plenary indulgence was lost.

I did find a great post at Dappled Things I'd like to share with you. I have a Protestant friend to whom I was trying to explain Purgatory while carving jack'o'lanterns, and I think this is a nice, gentle affirmation of the doctrine.

Since we're on the subject of diabolos and the afterlife, check out this posting from my good brother in Christ, Mark John.

No comments:

Blog Archive