9/29/2007

Novena to St. Francis: Day Five

O Lord grant safety to those who long for it. +

Prayer:
In You Heavenly Father, I confidently place my trust. In your hands, I leave all my anxieties with faith in Your care for me. From You, and through the intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi, I await relief from my present distress (mention your request). Amen.

Your offering today:

For God’s sake, help some person whom you may not like.

Lord,
Make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred,
Let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master grant that I may
Not so much seek to be consoled
As to console;
To be understood,
As to understand;
For it is in giving that we
Receive, it is in pardoning that
We are pardoned.
And it is in dying that we are
Born to eternal life.
Amen. Alleluia.

No comments:

Blog Archive