1/07/2008

Pray with Joseph

a Chaplet in his honor:

First Mystery of St. Joseph = The Betrothal to Mary
[pray for young men, engaged couples, husbands]

Second Mystery of St. Joseph = The Nativity
[pray for loving dads, men of poverty, working men, unemployed, homeless]

Third Mystery = The Flight into Egypt
[pray for absentee fathers, abusive men, those considering abortion]

Fourth Mystery = The Presentation in the Temple
[pray for men of virtue in society, purity of heart, good priests, your godfather/godchildren]

Fifth = The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
[pray for vocations to priesthood, for the Holy Father and his intentions]

Each decade will consist of the Montfort prayer to St. Joseph:

Hail Saint Joseph the Just,
Wisdom is with you;
blessed are you among all men
and blessed is Jesus,
the fruit of Mary, your faithful spouse.

Holy Joseph,
worthy foster-father of Jesus Christ,
pray for us
and obtain for us Divine Wisdom,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Finally close with an Act of Consecration to St. Joseph:

O dearest St. Joseph,
I consecrate myself to your honor and give myself to you,
that you may always be my father, my protector,
and my guide in the way of salvation.
Obtain for me a greater purity of heart
and fervent love of the interior life.
After your example may I do all my actions
for the greater glory of God,
in union with the Sacred Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
O Blessed St. Joseph, pray for me,
that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death.
Amen.

The Chaplet begins the same as the Rosary, offering three Hail Marys for an increase in Faith, strength in Hope, and ardent Charity.

I had a profound experience in prayer while praying this Chaplet during my retreat, so I post it again that others may do likewise.

No comments:

Blog Archive