4/20/2009

Divine Mercy

Since I could not make it to Stockbridge this year, the National Shrine of the Little Flower seemed a happy substitute. I showed my wife the baptistry where St. Therese's words and images are beautifully displayed. I blessed myself on the Anniversary of my Baptism from the font in her honor.

I also availed myself at the Font of Life, the Blood and Water which gushed forth, the Ocean of Mercy. I sang the Chaplet, as I'd been taught at the Shrine in Stockbridge, and taught it to my youth group yesterday. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it's a deep well. I encounter the Holy Spirit in singing the Chaplet. This Sunday felt like a prelude to Pentecost, a fitting reminder that Baptism and Confirmation are one sacramental stream.

As you celebrate the Resurrection, consider how you can make the Easter season a preparation for Pentecost. Learn the Fruits of the Spirit, so beautifully portrayed in the life of St. Therese and depicted on the wall of the Shrine in her honor. Discover how you can bear this fruit in your daily life, in the little ways.

I will be praying for the virtue of Longanimity at my place of work and Benignity at home.

No comments:

Blog Archive