- Immortal spirit of antiquity
- Father of the true, beautiful and good
- Descend, appear, shed over us thy light
- Upon this ground and under this sky
- Which has first witnessed thy unperishable fame
- Give life and animation to these noble games!
- Throw wreaths of fadeless flowers to the victors
- In the race and in the strife
- Create in our breasts, hearts of steel!
- In thy light, plains, mountains and seas
- Shine in a roseate hue and form a vast temple
- To which all nations throng to adore thee
- Oh immortal spirit of antiquity!
There Is Suffering and Then There Is SUFFERING
3 hours ago