12/28/2021

Holy Innocence

 This quote from St. Faustina's Diary-in-a-Year struck a chord with me as we contemplate the massacre in Bethlehem and the present-day slaughter carried out with the consent of so many in our society:

Today during Holy Mass, I saw the Infant Jesus near my kneeler. He appeared to be about one year old, and He asked me to take Him in my arms. When I did take Him in my arms, He cuddled up close to my bosom and said, It is good for Me to be close to your heart. “Although You are so little, I know that You are God. Why do You take the appearance of such a little baby to commune with me?” Because I want to teach you spiritual childhood. I want you to be very little, because when you are little, I carry you close to My Heart, just as you are holding Me close to your heart right now (Diary, 1481).

It also reminds me of my reflection on St. John the Evangelist, the apostle who held his ear close to the Sacred Heart the night before Jesus died.

No comments:

Blog Archive