5/29/2024

Land of Grief

The scope of my grief is a distance and depth I haven't even fathomed. It feels like a foreign land, or rather, it makes me feel like a foreigner here in this world.

This audience from Pope Francis is a comfort, reminding me that the Ruah breath of the Spirit will move over the formless void in my loss and move me to a place where I have sure footing once more. 

"The Spirit of God appears to us here as the mysterious power that moves the world from its initial formless, deserted, and gloomy state to its ordered and harmonious state. Because the Spirit makes harmony, harmony in life, harmony in the world. In other words, it is He who makes the world pass from chaos to the cosmos, that is, from confusion to something beautiful and ordered. "

No comments:

Blog Archive