7/27/2024

for Healing and Repentance

One of the most celebrated parts of the Eucharistic Congress was this Litany:

Breathe in the Holy Spirit...Come, Holy Spirit
Breathe out negativity
Breathe in the Holy Spirit...Come, Holy Spirit
Breathe out all that is not of Him
Notice your heartbeat
Each heartbeat is a gift
God wants you
He made you.
He knit you together with love, with His own hands in your mother’s womb
You are a masterpiece of His loving creativity
He has chosen you
He sees you
He gazes on you with love
He delights in you

Jesus, I believe in you.
Jesus, I believe in your Real Presence in the Eucharist.
Jesus, I believe you are here with me.
Jesus, I believe you are in my heart.
Jesus, I believe in your love for me.
Jesus, I believe your love is greater than every sin.
Jesus, I believe your love is greater than all evil.
Jesus, I believe your love can free me from my sin.

Let’s practice the response several times: Jesus, heal my heart with Your love
For the times I’ve felt abandoned...
For the times I’ve been betrayed...
For the times I’ve been rejected...
For the times I’ve been forgotten...
For the times I’ve been disappointed...
For the times I’ve been let down by the Church...
For the times I’ve been lonely...
For the times I’ve been desperate...
For the times I’ve been lost...
For the times I’ve been dejected...
For the times I’ve been used...
For the times I’ve been neglected...
For the times I’ve been starved for love...
For the times I’ve been deprived of affirmation...
For the times I’ve lost my my way...
For the times I’ve gone astray...
For the times I’ve made the wrong choice...

Let’s practice the response several times: Jesus, come close to me.
Whenever I feel unseen...
Whenever I feel ignored...
Whenever I feel unimportant...
Whenever I feel useless...
Whenever I feel alone...
Whenever I feel abandoned...
Whenever I feel like it would be better if I didn’t exist...
Whenever I feel misunderstood...
Whenever I feel used...
Whenever I feel forgotten...
Whenever I feel angry...
Whenever I feel anxious...
Whenever I feel depressed...
Whenever I feel envious...
Whenever I feel lustful...
Whenever I feel afraid...

Let’s practice the response several times: Please forgive me, Jesus
For the times I’ve used others...
For the times I’ve failed to see...
For the times I’ve hardened my heart to a person in need...
For the times I’ve failed to do the right thing...
For the times I’ve given in to peer pressure...
For the times I’ve lied when someone needed me to tell the truth...
For the times I’ve looked away when someone needed my help...
For the times I’ve closed my ears to the cries of the helpless...
For the times I’ve chosen comfort over courage...
For the times I’ve turned my back on someone who was hurting...
For the times I’ve ignored my feelings...
For the times I’ve silenced the cry of my heart...
For the times I haven’t been God’s mercy for others...
For the times I’ve invalidated my own feelings...
For the times I’ve believed the lies of others...
For the times I’ve repeated the lies of others...
For the times I’ve suppressed righteous anger...
For the times I’ve given up in despair...
For the times I’ve failed to share You with someone who needed Him...
For the times I’ve wrongly hid my faith from others...
For the times I’ve misrepresented You in my words and actions...
For the times I’ve caused scandal by my words or actions...
For the times I’ve brought hatred instead of love...
For the times I’ve brought division instead of peace...
For the times I’ve brought gossip instead of charity...
For the times I’ve torn down when I could have built up...

Let’s practice the response several times: Jesus, help me to believe
When I doubt the power of God’s love...
When I doubt God’s love for me...
When I struggle to trust...
When I doubt that I am worthy of love...
When I doubt that I have a place in anyone’s heart...
When I wonder if I am enough...
When I doubt I have what it takes...
When I feel helpless...
When I feel useless...
When I doubt that I have anything to offer...
When I doubt that I can make a change...
When I doubt that my efforts matter...
When I feel hopeless...
When I want to give up on my neighbor...
When I want to give up on my enemy...
When I want to give up on the Church...
When I want to give up on myself...
When I want to give up on God...

Jesus I need you.
Jesus I trust in you.
Jesus I love you.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart,
Make my heart like unto yours.

Let us pray.
Lord Jesus Christ, You are the Good Shepherd who rescues the lost. You are the Divine
Physician who heals the sick. You are the Savior Who washes away our sin in your Blood. You
are the Beloved Son who shares your sonship with us along with the love of the Father. We
know that even if we do not feel it, you will continue this work of healing in our hearts. We trust
that you love us and desire our wholeness and flourishing. Fill each of our hearts as we worship
you and receive You in all your love in this Holy Eucharist. We make this prayer in your Name,
Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive