3/29/2007

Conjugating

Here is a fascinating article [via Julie] that uses nuptial love as a metaphor for Holy Orders in the same way our revered Holy Father figures nuptial love in relation to the Sacrament of CPR in the quote posted below this post.

The excerpt to which I refer: "Notice here not only the mention of footwashing as a prelude to marital love, but also the mention of laying down one's garment, just as Jesus did in the Upper Room."

It's blissful to consider these moments in such a way. I was at a wedding not long ago and I had the supreme privelege of chauffeuring the couple from their ceremony to their reception. To see lovers in love with each other and then in wedded love- I was honored to witness their joy. I was thrilled to know the happiness their wedding night would bring to them both.

And that's precisely as it should be. AND that's precisely what God is anticipating from us- with bated breath. God wants to relate to me the way my newlywed friends were relating to each other after their ceremony on the way to the reception. God wants to be that with us.

I'm marvelling. I'm getting shivers. Love me, Lord~

No comments:

Blog Archive