1/28/2008

Book Meme

I won't get tagged, but I've found this at more than one of the blogs I frequent, and I wanted to join the fun:

1. Find the nearest book you're reading.
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Locate the fifth sentence on that page.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

In contrast to the heathen tendency toward the numen locale, the locally defined and limited deity, [Israel's] "God of 0ur fathers" expresses a completely different approach. He is not the god of a place but the god of men: the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is therefore not bound to one spot but is present and powerful wherever man is.
-Joseph Ratzinger, Introduction to Christianity

I tag my Beloved, and anyone else who reads my blog, which readership probably amounts to five people. In previous memes, the rulemakers have said it's okay to pick up a meme you've read, even if you weren't tagged. If you do pick up this meme, let me know in the combox.

No comments:

Blog Archive